Profil Institute for Metabolic Research (Profil®) is a privately owned and independent CRO with key competency in ICH-GCP-compliant early phase clinical experimental trials in diabetes. Our aim is to provide reliable answers and solutions for the life of people with diabetes.
- Profil was founded in 1999 under the leadership of Prof. Lutz Heinemann and Dr Tim Heise, along with a group of clinical researchers from the Department of Metabolism and Nutrition at Heinrich-Heine University of Düsseldorf, Germany
- Profil combines long-standing scientific experience with the top CRO standards. The results of trials conducted by Profil have been pivotal in the clinical development of up to date therapies and diagnostic tools for diabetes. This is documented by more than 360 peer-reviewed manuscripts and regular advice to authorities, e.g. the FDA and EMEA
- Services by Profil cover scientific consultation, protocol development, regulatory filing, GMP-conform production of study medication, data management, statistics, medical reporting and scientific publication of trial results in the fields of diabetes, cardiometabolic disorders and nutritional health
- One core competence of Profil is the assessment of the glucodynamic activity of compounds by performing Biostator®-based automated glucose clamp experiments. The Profil team of 200 employees performs approximately 2,000 clamps and 10,000 in-house PK study days per year
- Profil provides fast and reliable results, supporting the customers milestone planning. Timely performance is safeguarded by a database of more than 20,000 active subjects, which can be searched for individual subject characteristics, including medical history, laboratory values and concomitant medication